Professor, Department of Physics and Astronomy
Ph.D. Physics (1985)
M.A. Physics (1981)
B.S. Engineering Physics (1979)
University of Iowa
Iowa City, IA
- 2000-present Professor, Department of Physics and Astronomy
- 1998-2000 Associate Professor, Department of Physics and Astronomy
University of Maryland
College Park, MD
- 1994-1998 Associate Professor, Department of Physics
- 1989-1994 Assistant Professor, Department of Physics
Swiss Federal Technical Institute (EPFL)
- 1985-1989 Research Scientist
HONORS AND AWARDS:
- International Max Planck Research School Experts Workshop, Greifswald, 2004.
- Elected to fellowship in the American Physical Society, 1999.
- Invited Professor, Physics, Ecole Polytechnique Federale Lausanne, Spring 1996.
- CIES Visiting Scientist Bourse, University of Provence Aix-Marseille, Fall 1996.
- Alfred P. Sloan Foundation Fellow, 1990-1992.
- National Science Foundation, Presidential Young Investigator Award, 1990-1995.
- Fannie and John Hertz Foundation Fellow, 1979-1984.
- Elected to Tau Beta Pi, Engineering Honor Society, 1979.
- Graduated with distinction (GPA 4.0), Cornell University, 1979.
- American Physical Society, elected vice-chair of the Division of Plasma Physics, 2010.
- Pure and Applied Physics, 2006-2008.